Popular Vs Smart

Is being popular more important than being smart ? Well…to be honest, I have not really made up my mind yet. I have been pondering over it the whole night and I am still not able to answer this question. Have you made up your mind ? Well, if not, don’t worry it’s not a simple question. There have been a lot of opinions over the past couple of years and I guess no one has come to a proven conclusion and that’s I am going to be talking about it today.



Both these words, smart and popular, are very subjective in my opinion. What I may consider smart is probably not your definition of the word. Similarly for popular as well. You have probably seen people who are popular and smart at different things. Well that’s not unusual, we are all smart and popular at different things and there is nothing wrong about it. A great example is MS Dhoni. So what do you think he is, Smart or Popular. If you say both then which one is more important for his career. Let’s analyse this. He wouldn’t have been recognised and inspired so many people(such as me) if not for his popularity but he wouldn't have been popular if not for his smart cricketing style. 

Now keeping that aside, take my story for example. I am popular in my school for playing football and I am quite smart at studies - not to brag but I can’t imagine doing one without the other nor would I prioritise doing one over the other. They both are equally important to me and I am sure a few of you guys can relate to me in this situation. So I guess there is no defined solution.

So have you made up your mind yet? Don’t worry if you are still thinking about it. Even the best of researchers who have dedicated their whole life to this, have made many theories but none have been proven to be correct. And remember don’t stop thinking about it because there is no right or wrong answer if you can prove your point.

Popular posts from this blog

One Cube. Six Sides. Endless Possibilities